Welcome to Ken/API Supply
Great Jobs Start with Ken/API Supply
High rise buildings?
Not a problem.
Still, no problem.
You guessed it, no Problem.
Whatever-it-Takes Approach to Service
The staff at Ken/API Supply does whatever it takes to service our customers. We can handle any size or type of job you can throw at us. Our fleet of 60 plus delivery vehicles and 9 locations across Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana makes Ken/API the contractors choice for your building materials needs.
The Ken/API family is here to assist you with all the challenges you face.
- Hard to find product
- Complicated matches to existing material
- Technical advice
- Difficult architectural specifications that need to be researched
- Unusual or complex stocking conditions
- Complete sample and submittal packages, even at the last minute
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets
- Quotes for residential and commercial
Great jobs start with products from Ken/API Supply
Ken/API Supply provided materials for many of the regions premier construction jobs.
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center – Cincinnati, OH
- Rivers Breeze with Fischer Homes – Covington, KY
- Contemporary Art Museum – Cincinnati, OH
- Newport on the Levee – Newport, KY
- Marriott River Center – Covington, KY
- Kentucky Horse Park – Lexington, KY
- Eastern Kentucky University – Richmond, KY
- Ephraim McDowell Hospital – Somerset, KY
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Parkersburg, WV
- Morehead State University – Morehead, KY
- St. Joseph Hospital – London, KY
- McDowell Prison – Welch, WV
- Belk Department Store – Ashland, KY
We also take great pride knowing we have delivered materials to the majority of the new homes, rehab homes, basements and additions in the markets we serve.
Customer Service You Can Rely On
Ken/API Supply customers have access to our 9 computerized distribution centers; conveniently located throughout the region. Superior service and support in addition to our complete offering of building material and supplies gives you the advantage you need. Throughout Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia and central Indiana, we are your local building material supply house. Our fleet of boom trucks, flat bed trucks, Moffett trucks and tractor trailers enables us to deliver to your most challenging job sites, the most efficient way. With over 30 years in the business we are here to assist you with all your building material needs.
Ken/API Supply is the distributor of choice for both commercial and residential building products. Our customers include the large construction companies, as well as the home owners; there is no job to big or too small. We also provide delivery for the big box stores in our markets. We have been selected by many of the premium manufacturers in the wall and ceiling industry, as their representative in the market. We are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service at a fair and equitable price. Established in 1948 in Newport, KY our roots are in the communities we serve. Many of the areas top architects, builders and contractors turn to Ken/API because of the unparalleled service and exceptional staff; our consistency enables them to grow. From concept through construction we are here when you need us. Through our partnerships with our customers we have continued to grow as outlined below.
- 1948 Newport, KY Ken Builders Supply was established (later moved to Covington)
- 1987 Northern Cincinnati, OH location opened
- 1993 Dayton, OH location opened
- 1997 London, KY location opened
- 2001 Lexington, KY location opened
- 2006 Ashland, KY purchased A&D Supply
- 2007 Louisville, KY location opened
- 2008 Chesapeake, OH merged with Five Star Supply
Ken/API Supply is a member of The Drake Group, a national association of over 80 distributors serving the wall and ceiling industry with over 200 total locations to serve our industry. This enables us to partner with other members bringing our customers the best products in the industry at the most equitable price.
Products & Services
What You Need When You Need It
Large Product Selection
Ken / API Supply offers the most extensive variety of wall and ceiling product lines you will find anywhere in the region. We carry full product lines of the following building materials:
- Drywall and plaster items
- Steel framing
- Thermal and acoustical insulations
- Commercial and residential ceiling systems
- E.I.F.S., stucco and cultured stone
- Wall and ceiling specialties
- Concrete construction products
We stock a broad variety of time-proven wall and ceiling product favorites. We are constantly taking on new wall and ceiling product lines – products that provide style, function and dependable performance.
Unmatched Service and Expertise
Many of the area’s top architects, builders and contractors turn to Ken / API Supply because of the incomparable service and experience of our staff. We employ the most knowledgeable in the wall and ceiling business – individuals with many years of combined experience and track records of proven performance in residential and commercial wall and ceiling construction products.
We pride ourselves on how we service customers and do more than provide you with just wall and ceiling products. From concept through construction, we are here when you need us. Our sales representatives:
- Listen to your needs
- Provide wall and ceiling product selection advice
- Quote commercial jobs
- Offer technical advice on wall and ceiling products
- Provide technical assistance in the field for on-site guidance
- Assist with manufacturer disputes and claims regarding a wall and ceiling product issue
- Supply wall and ceiling product reference materials
- Assist with credit application
- Retain an intimate knowledge of the wall and ceiling industry's leading products and newest offerings
- Keep pace with new wall and ceiling product lines
Information at Your Fingertips
Types of Resources
Click the “+” to expand each section below.
- BASF: Senergy Wall Systems - Senergy EIFS wall systems
- CertainTeed Insulations - fiberglass batt and board insulations
- CertainTeed Ceilings - commercial ceiling systems
- CertainTeed Gypsum - gypsum products
- Thoro Products - Stucco related products
- Wind-Lock - suppliers of tools and fasteners for EIFS, eps foam shapes, plaster, drywall and stucco applications.
- Demand Products - suppliers of tools and fasteners for EIFS, eps foam shapes, plaster, drywall and stucco applications.
- USG Building Systems - general website
- USG Seismic data - industry wide data for seismic ceiling conditions.
- USG -Architects and Contractors - new website for submittals, data sheets, specifications, MSDS for all USG wall and ceiling products.
- Chicago Metallic Corp. - CMC suspension and specialty metal ceiling systems.
- LaFarge Gypsum Products - gypsum board and joint treatments.
- National Gypsum Company - gypsum board and joint treatments.
- Georgia Pacific Gypsum - gypsum board and joint treatments.
- ClarkDietrich Building Systems - newly created website featuring products from both companies. Site can be used to access both the old websites for each respective company. Metal framing components, Easy-Clip program, submittals and engineering calculation data.
- James Hardie Co. - fiber cement backer board for use behind tile.
- Tyvek Products - wall system weatherization products featuring wraps and tapes.
- Norton Industries - various wood and floating canopy ceiling systems.
- Quietrock Drywall - soundproofing and noise reduction drywall products.
- Pliteq, Inc. - sound isolation clips, mats and pads.
- Flex-C Track Corp. - Flexible tracks, arches and angles for steel framing applications.
- The Steel Network - clips and connectors for light gage steel framing applications
- MM Systems - suppliers of expansion and seismic joints.
- SLP Lighting Products - suppliers of louvers and lenses.
- Sequentia FRP Panels - FRP wall and ceiling products for areas requiring cleanable and sanitary requirements
- Tectum Inc. - wood fiber acoustical products for interior wall and ceiling applications.
- J.N. Linrose - submittal and technical data for metal framing components.
- Marino-Ware - submittal and technical data for metal framing components. Engineering services available.
- Foamular rigid Insulation - pink extruded polystyrene insulation board by Owens Corning.
- Owens Corning Corporation - general website for all their building products.
- Cultured Stone Products - Owens Corning cultured stone product offerings.
- Dow rigid insulations - DOW insulation products featuring blue Styrofoam, Thermax wall systems and building wraps.
- Grabber Construction Products - drywall screws, tools and other construction products.
- CONWED Acoustical Products Co. - Fabric covered products specializing in acoustical correction.
- Fry Reglet Corp. - architectural drywall and plaster reveals / moldings. Also, custom aluminum column covers, coves and acoustical panels.
- PlasterForm Ltd. - manufacturer of GRG, GRC and FRG architectural shapes.
- Trimtex Corp. - plastic and vinyl drywall finishing beads.
- Vinyl Corp. - vinyl beads and finishing products for drywall and plaster.
- Mesker Door Co. - hollow metal doors and frames
- Chappell Door Co. - commercial wood doors
- Algoma Hardwood Co. - commercial wood doors
- Dorma Architectural Co. - commercial door hardware
- Yale Inc. - commercial door hardware
- Bommer Industries - commercial and architectural hinges
- Hager Company - commercial hinges, locks and hardware
- National Guard Products - weatherstripping, seals, thresholds and light kits
- PDQ Manufacturing - commercial locksets
- Rockwood Manufacturing - door trim hardware
- Rixson Co. - Specialty door controls
- Karona Door Co. - stile and rail wood doors.
- RJF International - wall covering and protection products
- American Specialties - lockers
- JL Industries/ Activar - fire extinguishers and fire cabinets
- Global Partitions - Toilet compartments
- Scranton Products - plastic toilet compartments, lockers, benches and vanities
- American Specialties - washroom accessories
- Cendrex - access panels
- MiFab - access panels
- Door America - Millennium wood doors
- Heritage Stone Company - cast stone veneer for restoration and new construction.
- EMI Construction Products - concrete forms, wall ties and accessories.
- Global Foam Co. - custom cut EPS (polystyrene ) architectural foam shapes for EIFS.
- Drew Foam Co. - custom cut EPS (polystyrene ) architectural foam shapes for EIFS.
- Ambassador Steel Co. - concrete reinforcing steel and related items.
- Insulation Solutions Building Products - VIPER product line offerings for concrete vapor barriers.
- Quarry Ridge Stone Co. - cast stone veneer for restoration and new construction.
- Hoover Treated Wood Products Inc. - fire retardant treated wood products.
- Thermafiber Co. - mineral wool insulations. Sound blankets, safing and curtain wall.
Nine Locations to Better Serve You
2048 Rolling Hills Drive
Covington, Kentucky 41017
Phone: (859) 431-0626
Fax: (859) 655-6099
11360 Enterprise Park Drive
Sharonville, Ohio 45241
Phone: (513) 771-3555
Fax: (513) 552-1331
300 S. Pioneer Boulevard
Springboro, Ohio 45066
Phone: (937) 746-3550
2048 Rolling Hills Drive
Covington, Kentucky 41017
Phone: (859) 431-0625
Fax: (859) 431-7806
895 Morentown Road
London, Kentucky 40741
Phone: (606) 877-9856
Fax: (606) 877-9858
3304 Gilmore Industrial Blvd
Louisville, KY 40213
Phone: (502) 961-6595
Fax: (502) 961-6596
1115 Deleware Ave
Lexington, KY 40505
Phone: (859) 455-8399
Fax: (859) 455-8398
4440 13th Street
Ashland, Kentucky 41102
Phone: (606) 325-2258
Fax: (606) 324-3669
6830 Industry Place, Suite E
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Phone: (317) 713-0474
Fax: (317) 713-0475
11340 County Rd 1
Chesapeake, OH 45619
Phone: (740) 867-5050
Fax: (740) 867-4696
Join Our Team
At Ken/API we take pride in our well-trained and resourceful team. With nine locations, we are always looking to expand our family. Here are some positions we are always looking to fill.
Explore some of our job descriptions.
Click here to fill out an online application.
Drop us a line
Email us. We would love to hear from you.